Intel Core i9 processor is probably the highest performing laptop processor in the market right now. Intel i9 laptops are capable of delivering sheer performance levels, which are of no match to any other processor in the market.
Laptop enthusiasts should be familiar with Intel core processors and the i9 processor delivers about 9% more performance than an i7 processor.
This bump in performance may not seem significant in terms of the number, but in real-time, you’d be able to experience a major difference in performance when you use any of the best i9 laptops.
If you are a tech guy, gamer, or just someone who loves to have a super-fast and powerful workstation, then i9 laptops are the best solution available for you at the moment.
As per market research conducted on those who buy laptops, it is found that almost 70% of them tend to purchase a high-end laptop just to stay ahead of the curve.
They don’t wish to feel left behind in the future because of advanced processor developments, by virtue of which some of the low power models might become inappropriate.
High-performance workstations can be set up only with the use of i9 processors, so here is a list of the best i9 laptops you will come across today.
List of 5 Best i9 Laptops
|Model||Check Latest Price||Screen Size||Processor||RAM|
|Apple MacBook Pro||16" Retina||9th Gen Intel Core i9||16GB|
|Asus ZenBook UX581GV-XB94T||15.6” UHD||Intel Core i9-9980HK||32GB|
|MSI P65 Creator-654||15. 6" UHD||Intel Core i9-9880H||32GB|
|ASUS ROG G703GI-WS91K||17.3" UHD||Intel Core i9-8950HK||16GB|
|MSI G75 Stealth-479||17.3" FHD||Intel Core i9-9880H||32GB|
Apple MacBook Pro
The new generation Apple MacBook Pro has the 9th generation Intel Core i9 processor and is one of the much sought after i9 laptops in the market, thanks to the extremely likable design and brand.
The i9 processor here is 8-core and a high performing one since this one has the ability to reach up to 4.8 GHz of turbo boost speeds. This, when combined with the 16GB RAM and 1 TB of storage, makes it a powerful combination altogether.
Apple laptops are known for their stunning displays and here we have the True Tone technology-oriented 16-inch retina display, which delivers crisp, smooth and stunning visuals.
You also get the Touch Bar and Touch ID feature, which adds to the sophistication and extended feature list of this premium high-performance laptop. In terms of graphics performance, this one has an AMD Radeon Pro 5500M Graphics, GDDR6 memory and uses Intel UHD Graphics 630.
Other class-leading features include the super-fast SSD and high-quality 6-speaker system with force canceling woofers.
Asus ZenBook UX581GV-XB94T – Best i9 Laptop
The ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 is one stunning-looking high-performance i9 laptop from the brand Asus. This one comes with the Intel Core i9-9980HK processor, which gives you the ability to overclock to improve the performance in order to handle additional intensive tasks.
The ScreenPad Plus feature is what differentiates this from other products, and the 4K matte touchscreen and the ability to perform split-screen and screen extension also make it a convenient work laptop. The options available for multitasking using the split-screen feature are endless.
The main display uses the brand’s Nano Edge technology, and since this is a 4K UHD display, you can expect outstanding picture quality, thereby enjoy watching movies and videos, play games, and much more.
It also comes with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card, which is great for gameplay. The brand’s Active Stylus Pen allows you to work even more efficiently. To deliver added support to performance, it has a 32GB DDR4 RAM and 1 TB PCle NVMe SSD, which help enhance speed by reducing lag.
Other cool features of this model include IR facial recognition, improved cooling technology, and ErgoLift keypad design. Connectivity options are also extensive, and all these features together make ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 a modern and attractive i9 laptop.
MSI P65 Creator-654 Laptop
MSI is a well-known brand in the gaming laptop section and here we are going to discuss the P65 Creator-654 high-performance i9 laptop. The P65 Creator-654 model of MSI performance laptop comes with an Intel Core i9 9880H ultra-performance 6-core processor.
The Intel PPT rating for this particular version of the i9 processor is from 2.3 to 4.8GHz. To support or enhance performance, you have the 1TB storage along with a 32GB DDR4 RAM. This package helps you handle intense computing tasks with ease.
MSI P65 Creator-654 uses a 15.6-inch 4K UHD wide-angle anti-glare display which delivers crisp and neat-looking HD quality. It also uses NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 graphics for improved gaming performance.
It is based on thin-bezel design philosophy, so you are going to own a portable and sleek high-performance machine. At just 1.8 kg and 17.9mm thickness, this is one of the compact i9 laptops out there. Thunderbolt 3 connectivity port and a silky glass touchpad with fingerprint makes it an appealing model altogether.
Take a look at: Best Desktop Replacement Laptops of 2020
ASUS ROG G703GI-WS91K – i9 Laptop
ASUS ROG is one of the best i9 laptops in the market and is a pure gaming performer. This laptop uses the Intel Core i9-8950HK high-performance processor, which is capable of delivering a speed boost of up to 4.8GHz.
The 17.3-inch wide 4K display screen is there to keep you glued to the screens throughout your gaming session. The graphics card used here is the high-quality NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU, which delivers mind-blowing gaming performance you’d ever need.
The 2TB SSHD and 16GB DDR4 RAM are there to ensure that the laptop performs at its best at all circumstances. The keyboard and overall design might not be flashy or out of the world, but it is designed for those who love high-performance gaming devices.
The keyboard is good but can be improved when compared to the competition. This device is for gamers who are always on the lookout for the next big thing. All intensive games can be run on this device without any lag in performance.
The wider screen, high storage, and other tech specifications, all make the product weigh around 12.3 pounds, making it a heavy unit, a high-performance i9 laptop that is not easy to carry along.
MSI G75 Stealth-479 Laptop
The G75 Stealth series of high-performance gaming laptops from the brand MSI deliver extremely high performance. The 9th gen Intel i9-9880H 6-core processor is part of the reason for such high speeds.
Ever so popular and high-quality NVIDIA GeForce RTX20 series graphics card make this a gaming beast. AI enhancing graphics give you a real-time gaming experience like no other.
The display, in particular, uses a 144Hz IPS panel, which is unlike any other and is designed exclusively for enjoying the fun of playing your favorite games.
On a single charge, you can run this i9 laptop for around 8 hours, which might not be class-leading but is certainly above par. It houses a 1TB NVMe SSD along with 32GB DDR4 RAM, which ensures high performance running without any disruptions. The Golden accents, such as the emblem, hinge, touchpad surrounds, etc. give it a stylish look.
Planning of buying a gaming laptop? Read our gaming laptop buying guide to find out what exactly you need to run your favorite games.
i9 Laptop Buyer’s Guide
If you are wondering whether an i9 processor makes a huge difference when compared to an i7 or i5, know that it does, and in this particular section, we will give you all the information supporting that particular claim.
This guide will act as a valuable tool in determining whether switching to one of the best i9 laptops will make a difference.
Intel has launched the i9 processor for different devices and lets us understand more about them. New developments and tech advancements are always going to be made, so make sure to check the official Intel website to stay up-to-date.
The i9 processor became a hit in late 2018 and early 2019 and now, it has become the number one option for those looking for a high-performance processor. We shall now take a look at some of the key aspects of different i9 processor versions:
- 9880H and HK – These two are the updated versions of Coffee Lake 9th gen. The main upgrade on these two mobile processors is the enhanced turbo boost clock performance metrics. These have 8 cores and are 25% more powerful than their predecessors. They also support 120GB RAM, which should be more than enough for handling intense computing. The HK models allow users to overclock the process to extract more performance.
- 9900K – This particular is a desktop or laptop specific processor and is tailor-made for overclocking, as it comes with high TDP. The only drawback of this is overheating issues. Such a high-performance laptop should be perfect for handling multiple complex tasks at once.
Apart from these, there are a lot of other versions of i9 processors, which are also popular due to the performance and overclockable features that they offer. Some of those include i9 9990K 8-core, 9980H, and HK 8-core, 8950HK 6-core, etc.
Now that we have understood about the different versions of i9 processors that are available in the market at the moment, let us discuss the feature or performance upgrades that you could establish by choosing i9 laptops over others.
- High performance – Your laptop is going to be transformed into a high-performance machine with the presence of an Intel core i9 processor. The ability to handle large scale content development is the number one benefit of the processor. It is for this reason that gamers, developers, programmers, editors, musicians, and other high intense job profiles opt for the best i9 laptop.
- Fast processor – The i9 processor is the fastest of all Intel core processors developed by the company. In particular, the i9 7980 XE processor has a remarkable number of 18 Cores along with 32 threads, which make it a super-fast processor from Intel. All the intense professional tasks, such as video editing, 3D rendering, etc. can be handled in the best manner only using i9 laptops.
- Number of Cores – The main difference between an i9 processor from that of its lower versions is in the number of cores that it comes with. Cores are the performance indicators of the processor and these are the ones responsible for delivering high performance. The CPU of the laptop can handle different tasks only based on the cores that the processor has, so higher the number of cores, better will be the efficiency with which you could complete a number of tasks on the laptop. Multiple high intense tasks can be handled simultaneously without experiencing any kind of lag.
- Hyper-threading – This is a technology where multiple threads will be generated in a single core. The execution of multiple threads in a single core enhances the performance of the CPU altogether, and as a matter of fact, the i9 processor is the only one amongst all the Intel processors to carry this technology.
- Intel Optane support – Intel Core i9 processor is known to support Intel Optane, which is nothing but an adoptable system accelerator. This system helps the user understand the way your CPU behaves or handles different activities, thus helps finish all the CPU tasks efficiently and swiftly.
- Boost technology – Intel has introduced a dynamic boost technology in i9 processors, which improves HD gaming, video resolution, and so on without causing any heating issues.
- Improved RAM storage – A high-performance processor such as i9 should perform at its peak, and for that, you need a powerful RAM. Some of the i9 laptop models in the market come with a large size RAM, thus enabling the user to run RAM intensive computation tasks.
All these aspects make i9 laptops a desirable option amongst high-performance techies and individuals all over the world.
If you are looking for a high-performance gaming laptop processor, or in need of a workstation that can handle intense tasks, such as video editing, music creations, and other technical developments, then you should find the best i9 laptop, as it is capable of transforming the way you play games or work.
The Intel Core i9 processor is one of the high-speed processors in the market right now. We have discussed some of the best available i9 laptops and the most interesting aspect of it all is that i9 processor-based laptops tend to deliver high quality across all parameters. Go for the one you like the most and have fun.